Sick tang

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

svegas82

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I found my tang hiding behind the rocks today pulled him out looking like this any ideas? Won't respond to food very slow moving cuts all over him and fins are beat upImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1424741129.105641.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

Your tang is extremely beat up. Most likely being bullied by other things in the tank. Can you tell us more about your system? If a tank isn't large enough for territories to be established, bullying is extremely likely to occur. When it comes to tangs, a 6ft long tank is needed just for them to be healthy.

It's 220 I have good conditions all my tangs have been in the tank together for about 5 months now no problems what so ever I would believe he was beat up but he is really skinny now and I've never seen any of them fight since the day I put them in I was thinking a disease but I have no clue

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

The red spots are a sign of infection, but the tattered fins are signs of aggression. The aggression is most likely the original stressor that opened things up for an infection if parameters are in good shape.

He was pretty much just hiding in the back of the tank I pulled the rocks apart and caught him with my tongs so he's pretty much just in shock so I put a little garlic in the tub and a piece of seaweed anything else I should do?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom