snowflake eel, where are u?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sillyfishy

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a snowflake eel, he's about 5inches long but I can't seem to find him in a 55G tank. I have about 20lbs of live rock, he's not in his usual piece of rock, I picked it up and looked inside, looked all over even on the carpet behind the tank. I've only had him about 2weeks. Nothing is even big enough to eat him! It's been days since I've seen him. What do I do??
Do I take the LV that I have out and look?? Someone please help?!?!? :cry: :cry:

Do you have an overflow, if so check there. Also check your filter. If not in there he is somewhere in the rocks, and maybe literally in the rocks. My snowflake eels hides in little crevices and holes that are in the live rock.

I found him!!!! he's now in his usual spot, he does like to hide in the rocks but its always been the same one. He was always comming out when there was food. There doesn't seem to be many holes in the other rocks were he can hide without beeing seen. he's just a sneeky little guy I guess. Thanks for the info, next time I'll know where to look!! :D :D :D :D

Back
Top Bottom