sps polyps not out

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

whitetiprs

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a few sps coral frags in my tank and most of them do not extend their polyps out. The two of main concern are my purple tip acros they do not extend any of their polyps except those on their base. They are under 150 watt 10000k MH and 96 watt acintic lights and mid way up on the rocks. I do not have my current levels as I will be testing them tomorrow and post then.

Thanks

Check at night after lights out. Polyp extention is not an indication of health one way or the other.

Check your chemistry, water quality and post back with the results. With the various species of soft and LPS, I hope you also use carbon.

Cheers
Steve

Well they did not come out anymore after lights out then they do during the day.

Water parameters:
NH4 0
NO3 0
NO2 0
PO4 0
pH 8.1
ALK 3.5
CAL 425

I am running carbon which I switch every week as well as adding seachem reef bulider and reef complete to keep alk/cal in check, I dose those on alternating days at alittle over the manufactures recomended dose.

I actually see nothing that would suggest a problem given the info provided except possibley coral proximity. As I said though, polyp extention is SPS corals is not an indication of health one way or the other. If the corals appear healthy otherwise, I would not read so much into this one thing.

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom