Stupid Condy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dralarms

Aquarium Advice Addict
:roll: I woke up this morning with one of my condys stuck completly on my powerhead for my penguin 330. I unplugged the unit until he freed himself, rearranged the tank a little to keep him from climbing up the fake driftwood and getting onto the ph. He seems to be ok this time but I'm worried that I might not catch this in time and he could die. Is there anything else I can do to keep him off the ph?

Hi,

The condy anemones tend to move around until it finds a place it likes. Does your power head have a sponge cover over the intake. If not going to a pet store there are round sponge like filter sponge which has a hole in the middle that the power head housing fits into. The only problem you have to check it at least twice a week and clean it out. I hope this info it's helpful to you

Good Luck!

Do you expect your anemone to understand there is a device that is sucking in water? :wink: Modify the filter (the penguin 330 is a HOB filter...correct?) so that the bottom of the intake tube is a sponge instead of the strainer as mentioned above, that should help prevent it in the future.

The condy is evidently on the move again because it is not happy with its conditions. While being less demanding, do you still have some form of reef lighting? Do you have current possibly hitting it directly?

I think I have solved the problem, first I raised the intake for the 330, and then i bought a "powerhead" and put it lower than the intake was and got it blowing water across all of them. :D

Back
Top Bottom