Tangs!!!came home with three tangs and my yellow one dont look like it's going to mak

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

RICH305

Aquarium Advice Freak
Okay I just came home with three tangs and my yellow one dont look like it's going to make it but I really want a yellow tang... What if I try to add him later will my sailfin and blue tang fight with it???

I didn't have too much luck with adding a blue tang into a tank with a yellow tang and a Kole tang. they pciked on the new fish. he eventually died of unknown reasons. I don't think the bullying helped his stress level. i would aim for all 3 at once.

Or if you can go tomorrow asap and get one maybe? just keep the lights out til then I think would help. :)

The blue tang is a yellow belly one he is super dope

Attachments

• image-1911433353.jpg
    image-1911433353.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 346
  • image-3543515198.jpg
    image-3543515198.jpg
    59.9 KB · Views: 333
The yellow one was in the bag on it's side now it's up right maybe he will make it

RICH305 said:
Okay I just came home with three tangs and my yellow one dont look like it's going to make it but I really want a yellow tang... What if I try to add him later will my sailfin and blue tang fight with it???

Personal experience...one huge jump on bio load uh rich? How big are they..

If adding one later did have to happen, he's gotta be larger than the current inhabitants IME. I added a yellow (slightly larger) with a purple and a bristletooth. One or two days of fighting with the purple (since they are of the same family), and the three of'm hung out all the time as BFFs.

Be aware that the yellow and the sailfin are in the same family, and if there is any agression, it'll be between those two. Gets some algae and clips for them. Also, try soaking your food in Garlic Guard or a reasonable facsimile to keep their immune systems up while they adjust to the stress of a new tank and each other.

Best of luck! Great looking fish.

Yea bio load is crazy now lol but they are doing okay now with don't fight all day they just get a little snappy at night.

Best way to get rid of fish ich?? My yellow belly blue tang has it and he is the most expensive one I jaw can't let him die!!

you might have to set up a QT and put all the fish in hyposalinity to truly be rid of it

Back
Top Bottom