Trigger Fish and tank size???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steinbrook4

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I'm begining to think my 30 gallon which I have not even filled with water yet is much smaller than I'd like to have:(.....but I must move forward. Question being can a 1-2" Niger Triger be kept in a 30 gallon until it reaches 4-6" in length. I know they grow slowly and plan to have a bigger tank a year from now. Worst case scenario when he outgrows the tank I'll find a new good home for him. Is it possible for me to keep a trigger like this until he reaches a size no longer suitable. I know what is recommended for this fish and by all means don't want to keep a keep a fish in a enviornment where it's not healthy and happy so please let me know your opinion???
Outside of this I'm still trying to come up with a fish list for my 30 gallon cube. Wouldn't mind a semi-aggresive clown if I could get some other interesting fish to go with it. Any suggestions??
.......Yellow Pygmy Anglefish maybe

not really a good idea ! imo they grow faster ime than a piccaso does !
but if ya promis to sleep in your closet till ya get sick of it and then return the fish then id give you my blessings heheheh j/k

Even 3 inch one it would be too large in a 30. They do a LOT of swimming. They can get up to 19+ including tail. IMO they need at least 75 gallons.

if you are not in too deep i would suggest setting up a bigger tank. dont get me wrong, i have a 29g and i really enjoy it. but i wish i would have done a least a 65g. a 65g all glass is not that much bigger of a footprint than my 29g.

steve r

The Niger definitely needs a bigger tank. They grow really fast, and would probably get stressed out in a small tank IMO.

Mike

Thanks for all the posts peps.......thinking maybe I'll see if petland will let me exchange my Oceanic 30 for a different model 65-75?????
I've not really seen a post before about brands of tanks and what manufacturers are prefered by experienced aquarist, I do know however my oceanic if very pleasing to the eye and I enjoy the all glass top.
Any suggestions.......no bigger a footprint than 40x19......
Thanks again !!!!

A bigger tank will definately open up more options if price and space are not limited. I have always used All Glass, but it has been 10 years since I bought a new large Tank.

As for fooprint with a 75 you are looking at 48" x 18" then you will need at least 4" minimum for most HOB items.

Good luck,

Back
Top Bottom