Trumpet coral Problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ron-salt-tank

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
My trumpet coral is looking sick, photo attached. It is not really growing, it was starting to split when I got it and has maintained the same look since. Recently it got really thin on top and looks like "bones" are sticking out the top.

Is it too much light? I've got it near the top of my tank.

Attachments

• image-821580158.jpg
    image-821580158.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 100
LA has placement for trumpet listed as bottom to middle. I have mine at bottom and they're doing well. The exact placement would depend on your particular lighting, though, as Crister indicated. What are your lights?

I have some kryptonite green trumpets I got about a year ago and put them at the top of my tank because I liked the spot. They started thinning out and the "bone" you mentioned was exposed. I moved them to the bottom of my tank and they have been doing very well. I even have 2 new heads. The heads that weren't completely bare came back. Just make sure flow isn't too strong, I had to adjust some ph's too.

I moved to the bottom and one head is inflated this morning, other still looks same.

My lighting is 1-50/50 24" coralife T8, 1- 24" 18W colornax T5, 1-6700K 24" 18W T5.

Latest photo. Is the larger side dead or can it come back?

Attachments

• image-971940594.jpg
    image-971940594.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 116
Back
Top Bottom