Angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JC_Bus

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hello I got six new angelfish about two weeks ago like about and inch or so. They are veil angelfish and one has short fins. I'm not sure if it was bitten off or he's deformed. Here's a picture of him. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430530287.778162.jpg now here's one next to one with his long fins ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430530592.560886.jpg is he a veil angelfish or is he different? Will the fins grow back?

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They dont look bitten off but yes the feelers do grow back. We had a nippy shistura loach that bit up mine a bit and they grew right back after she was removed. But like people some fish just grow differently and he might just be a bit of a slowdown bloomer. Could you get a bit of a closer pic?

Yes I can I'm currently at work when I get home I can take a close up :)

This is the fish that has the missing fins

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430628000.072351.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430628011.861391.jpg

Now here's one of it's tank mates that I got at the same time

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1430628079.189791.jpg

The feeler on the right definitely looks bitten off. The other one could have been but has started regrowing so it's hard to tell. They should grow right back to normal size with time. It is possible though that they could be slightly stunted. I would think they'll grow back normally like my angels did :)

Just keep an eye on the other angels to make sure they're not fighting or bullying him

What do you mean he could be stunt? Is he okay? I already am attached to them ?

I just mean that those feelers could be always a little shorter than the others. He'll be perfectly healthy, sorry I didn't mean to scare you

It's fine! ? I just always wanted angels and I got attached very quickly lol

I still haven't named mine I want to wait a little longer so I can get used to their own personalities

Back
Top Bottom