angelfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

valoriee

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My angelfish’s other eye turned white & i assumed it was a fungus. i treated for fungus. about a week later the other eye was white so i started fungus treatment again, i’m on day 5 and i went to treat & noticed the eye & part of fin had turned white. i did a complete water change just now. does anybody have any idea what it is? please help!!!

Attachments

• 261A220F-E97E-4F29-836F-00C48BFC97CA.jpg
    261A220F-E97E-4F29-836F-00C48BFC97CA.jpg
    253.7 KB · Views: 43
  • C3A9844C-9CBB-4633-B1A0-FF9BDB3A6F5C.jpg
    C3A9844C-9CBB-4633-B1A0-FF9BDB3A6F5C.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 32
What are your water parameters?

How long have you had your tank set up, and this fish in it?

You can keep up with aggressive water changing schedule and it may clear, but it does look bad and the fish may lose the eye.

Do you know about the nitrification cycle?

Read the article in my signature and it will explain the nitrification cycle and how to get a colony of beneficial bacteria to help keep your water stable.

i’m so terrible, i have no idea what the water parameters are but i’ve ordered a kit to check them. i’ve had the fish & tank for a little over a year. the other eye looked like that & i treated for fungus & it healed. the next thing i know this eye looked like that.

Last time you did pwc?
Do a series of water changes.

If it's been longer or around 11/2 to 2 weeks since doing a pwc -
change 25% of the water then immediately change another 25%.
Then wait an hour or 2 do it again.

***The next day do a 40% water change.

On that one, you can vacuum some muck out of the substate.

Then do 30% pwc for the next 5 days.

If you have done a 30% or more water change in the last few days start above at the part where there are 3 / ***.

Reason being to change basically all the water to new in a week.

And to do it somewhat gradually to minimize stress in the sudden change of water quality.

New water and old tank water are probably very different parameters.

So although a 100% water change might be needed in the tank the difference in old tank water and new tank water could shock the fish with the difference.

Make sure to use dechlorinated treated water every time and check the temperature it is not colder than the tank water, should be very much same temperature.

Your fish should start feeling better with clean new water.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom