Angelfish - Fin Problem - Need Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jgreeny

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all. Thank you for taking the time to read this and help. I have a 60 gallon tank with 1 angel, 4 neon tetras, and a 2" pleco - I do bi-monthly water changes and have very good filtration. All water parameters have been very stable.

I just moved and put them in a temporary 20 gallon tank while I am waiting for my new 80 gallon tank to be delivered (in a week or two).

I noticed two days after I moved a little white cotton looking ball on the bottom of one fin on my angelfish. Then the next day a little more growth. That little piece fell off yesterday. This morning the other fin tip looked a bit red. You can't really see in the photo. I guess I am trying to see if this needs to be treated and if yes, would it be fungal or a bacterial infection. I am going to setup my 60 gallon for him today as a quarantine and to medicate if needed.

I prefer not to keep moving him and stress him out however I can put him back in the 60 if that would be wiser and can medicate. I know the 20 is small but I figured it would be okay temporarily.

He is eating normally and acting normally. All water parameters of the 20 are in good shape.

Thanks,
Justin

Attachments

• IMG_9470.jpg
    IMG_9470.jpg
    250.6 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9469.jpg
    IMG_9469.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_9468.jpg
    IMG_9468.jpg
    257.6 KB · Views: 22