angelfish not active

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sstafford

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a 10 gallon planted tank. Its been going well for a little over 2 months now with neon tetras and rummynose tetras plus a few algae eaters. Yesterday I added an angelfish but has just been sitting in either back corner behind some rocks. It doesn't even come out to eat. Water conditions are perfect. Does it need a friend or some kind of live/frozen food?

I like to think that fish are kind of like us...except they can live in water and have gills. There's shy people and friendly people. Maybe he is just shy, being thrown into a new school...and doesnt know anyone. =/

Other than that...I wouldn't know. I don't know the behavior or Freshater fishes.

I agree. And if I was in a strange place like that I would want someone to hang out with. Thats why I was thinking about getting another one. But if the reason it is acting this way has something to do with the water or tank then getting another one might make it worse. Maybe I should just give it time, but it cant not eat for too long.

Back
Top Bottom