Are my fish sick???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tcassidy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So I have a tendency to feed my fish in the morning and today I got up extra early and when I turned the light on in the tank my fish just didn't seem right. Most were kind of drifting around at the top of the tank un reactive one furcata was stuck between a couple blades of grass just laying there and my guppie was very pale. The night before they seemed fine. And after about 10 minutes all the fish started reacting (even dude lodged in the grass) and acting their normal selves - except they're all still a little pale. Was this just them sleeping??? Or is something wrong. And I do not have a water test kit at the moment. (Picking one up tonight) but the water is clean and had just been changed about 4 days ago. 10 gallon.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Was the house darker than usual when you turned the light on, since you got up early? If the room typically gets some light before the tank lights come on you might have just scared them a lot.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

I've walked into my room before when it was dark and flipped my lights on really fast, and noticed the fish don't really like that lol. Mine did the same thing, non responsive and every single fish was pale, no ounce of color. But then they started coming back after ten minutes. Your fish are fine, just got a little surprise I think from the light.

Was the house darker than usual when you turned the light on, since you got up early? If the room typically gets some light before the tank lights come on you might have just scared them a lot.

Sent from my iPhone with three hands tied behind my back.

And shelbi-

That's probably all it is. I guess seeing one of my fish literally lodged into the grass plants not moving is what worried me. But he seems quite happy now swimming around again.

Back
Top Bottom