Betta not eating

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Freeze dried food should be soaked before offering.

Squid ? I wouldn't.

I feed frozen bloodworms instead.

Feed a deshelled Pea 1x weekly.

As was suggested have someone doublecheck your water readings. And a guppy fry might've been a pretty big meal for him, so I wouldn't panic just yet, he does not look like he's starving.

Biting and spitting out food is pretty normal for bettas they usually do that several times as they're chewing on it. But yes, now that he's had live food he may be harder to get back onto a pelleted diet.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

He ate the frozen squid!! He ate about a quarter of an inch off the tip of one of the legs. I thawed it in tank water before I fed it to him do I need to do that? I also cut it into tiny pieces. Also I was thinking about feeding him the squid once or twice a week is that ok?

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Freeze dried food should be soaked before offering.

Squid ? I wouldn't.

I feed frozen bloodworms instead.

Feed a deshelled Pea 1x weekly.

As was suggested have someone doublecheck your water readings. And a guppy fry might've been a pretty big meal for him, so I wouldn't panic just yet, he does not look like he's starving.

Biting and spitting out food is pretty normal for bettas they usually do that several times as they're chewing on it. But yes, now that he's had live food he may be harder to get back onto a pelleted diet.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I've given him guppy fry before and he ate another meal that same night so I don't think it was a big meal. Also before a few days ago he would NEVER spit out food before eating it he just ate it.

Sent from my iPod touch using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom