Betta with Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shellieca

Aquarium Advice Addict
I bought a female Betta at an LPS & I suspected she had Ich, when I got her home I could tell better she definitely has it. I have her in a 2.5 tank with an adjustable heater but the temp just isn't quite hitting 86F, its currently around 84F hoping it goes up a little more. I did a 100% water change today & she looks better but still not eating, just got her yesterday. I added Aq salt, 1 tsp dissolved before adding, should I be using more or none? I don't want to use meds if I don't have to. The tank doesn't currently have a filter or an air stone so my main question is because she's a Betta, a labyrinth fish does the heat & therefore lack of oxygen effect her the same as it would other fish? I'm heading to an LPS tomorrow & trying to figure out what all I need to get, I'm thinking a sponge filter would be best. Also, she's in a different room from my other tanks & I'm being extra cautious about washing my hands & not using the same equipment so I'm hoping that'll keep the Ich out of my other tanks not sure how easily it can be transferred. Advice would be appreciated.

Here are some pics:

image-1932896589.jpg

image-1627009416.jpg

Happy to report she's doing MUCH better. I only saw a couple of spots on her tail this evening when I did another 100% water change. Will keep up the heat, water changes & saw salt. Now my concern is that she's still not eating but she's swimming around & isn't clamped any longer so that's a positive thing.

YAY she's eating! She ate two pellets last night & this morning. She didn't eat the pellets from the surface but waited until they had sank but SHE ATE!!! I didn't see any spots on her last night, I'm anxious to see how she is this evening after I get home from work. Its water change night for her & that will hopefully get rid of the last of the Ich, I'll keep her QT'd & in raised temp for another week or 2 & then she'll go to the big girl tank!

Back
Top Bottom