BIG problem with ram need help fast!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Tiffi said:
@friendly: That is part of the dropsy and tuberculosis infection, that most times medicaments don't help :cry: .

Dropsy is such an awful disease and almost impossible to cure :( That's why I try to have absolute perfect conditions in my tanks now to prevent having to deal with such a nasty infection again.

mr funktastic said:
it is definatly droopsy because the scales are doing the same thing. will raising the temp help possibly? i dont think i can get meds any time soon. i quarantined him to a big breeding box in the same tank and i dont think he has been eating. i will raise the temp and ope for the best. also i dont know if nayone saw it but i put the there is a small bubble that formed under the red spot. just a little clear bubble. what could this be? i hate to see fish get sick :( and thanks again for all your help.

Wow..... my piranha formed clear bubbles too :cry: I'm guessing that they're full of fluid. I’m surprised your ram doesn’t have pop eye too. My piranha had pop eye due to all the fluid build up. When my piranha was sick it didn't eat at all either.

Funktastic, I feel your pain. I really hope your ram gets better! Good luck! Try to give an update if you can in the future.

thanks for the support and i will update with every change. i have never had any other problems in my tanks other than ick one time a long time ago and there were no casualties. i have always kept good care of my tanks i do weekly water changes and a deep gravel vac atleast 1 every 2 weeks. i dont have tests so i dont know any of my water peramaters. the only thing i know about my water is that it is a little hard. it only has an angle 2 otts a guppy and the ram so i dont over stock it. argggg why do bad things hapen to the people who maintain there tanks but the people who never do anything have all the luck!!!!! maybe i should add 10 more fish all at once stop doing water changes and never replace the filter pad then i will never have a problem again.
also where are u in canada friendly? maybe we dont live far from each other.

BTW, do not raise the temp in a tank where bacterial infection is suspected, as this will speed up the growth of bacteria, in many cases. Salt treatment can help the fish expel some of the extra fluid inside its body, but as mentioned it is rare to really cure it. Melafix and Pimafix are very mild antiseptics and won't do much for a formidable illness like dropsy. It is also contagious and sometimes a complete tank teardown is required when all the fish seem to be getting it. Good luck :(

argggg why do bad things hapen to the people who maintain there tanks but the people who never do anything have all the luck!!!!!

In my experience they just don't tell you about it or if you confront them they will not reply/answer :roll: . Belive me it happens to them too, but they don't really care and don't tell you.

ya he went caputs today. i woke up to see him upside down and obviously dead. he was still puffed up to. i took him right out and flushed him.my other fish seem to be ok and i dont see any signs of droopsy. i was also looking at my other ram which i had recently moved to a 10 gallon because of agression and he seems to be fine. but i think he has a tumor. my rams were doing fine and then BAM dropsy and a tumor. that really pisses me off because they are not cheap around here. well thanks for the help and i hope to have better experiences in the future.

I'm sorry for your loss :cry: !

Can you make a picture of the one with the "tumor"? Maybe it's something else. I've seen things on fishes before that might look like a tumore but it's not and can go away with good care.

Sorry to hear that your ram didn't make it :cry:

How long have you had your ram? Too bad you don’t know what your water parameters are. Maybe you should invest in a testing kit? Since you have plants in your tank, are any of them possibly rotting/dieing? Also what did you feed your ram?

mr funktastic said:
also where are u in canada friendly? maybe we dont live far from each other.

I live in Ontario/ Brampton.

one of my plants is getting a few brown spots on the leaves but i am pretty sure it is because i dont have enough light in the tank. and it is a really big coincidence that u live in brampton. my dad lives in bampton, i live about an hour away in a smaller town called alliston. u probably havent heard of it but it is near barrie if u have heard of that. i will try to get a picture of the other ram so you can make a judgement on the tumor thing. also i may give up on rams but i wont give up on cichlids. in my opinion i have one of the most beautiful marble angles i have ever seen and i am currently planning out an african tank that i hope to have up after christmas. i am running out of room in my room lol. i already have 4 tanks in there so i will probably have to take out the 2 10 gal if i want to put in a 55

Back
Top Bottom