Black Shark fungus, then stress.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

itzdaviddxd

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a Black Shark (Labeo) for about 3 years. Living in a 40g tank with 3 other goldfishes. 4 days ago, I noticed he seemed to have fungus so I gave him pimafix now he seems stressed. Today before I put the daily dose of pimafix, he was doing okay but a little lethargic and sluggish but when I added more, There was more stress symptoms. Should I add the pimafix for the full 7 days as prescribed?
Edit: While I'm posting this, I have a question about its food diet. Research says it needs to eat vegetables, but what kind?

Last edited:
I don't know anything about sharks. However, I do know about goldfish. They produce a HUGE amount of waste and are likely causing water toxicity. Do you know your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels? I would personally not recommend continuing the pimafix until you've actually isolated the problem. Some fish react very badly to it. Again, please know I have no expertise at all in sharks. This is just based on what I've seen in situations with other stressed out fish kept in overly close quarters with goldfish. Good luck with your fish. I hope someone else who knows more than I do can guide you. :) Keep us posted!

I don't know anything about sharks. However, I do know about goldfish. They produce a HUGE amount of waste and are likely causing water toxicity. Do you know your ammonia, nitrite, and nitrate levels? I would personally not recommend continuing the pimafix until you've actually isolated the problem. Some fish react very badly to it. Again, please know I have no expertise at all in sharks. This is just based on what I've seen in situations with other stressed out fish kept in overly close quarters with goldfish. Good luck with your fish. I hope someone else who knows more than I do can guide you. :) Keep us posted!

I'm pretty sure the problem was fungus at first, because he is definitely better than before the pimafix. This is day 5 of applying the pimafix and he is just about ready to be 100%. The only problems I see is the stress that goes on him when I apply it. He just slows down and isn't as active but I'm sure if I continue it for 2 more days he will be fine.

Back
Top Bottom