Cory catfish sick not sure what. Please any info

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hellsing247

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So I don't know all the exact specs for tank. I'm new to having fish. So I got a ten gallon tank with an internal pump about 4 months ago. I have 2 Cory catfish and 3 black skirt tetras in it. Got all fish same time from local shop. Not Petco or anything like that. I change 50 percent water every other week and full tank clean with filter every 30 days. Everytime water is touched I use a test strip to make sure ph is good and nitrate and such. So one of my Cory catfish got two small white spots on it about 3 days ago. Now today I noticed he is not eating much and laying on his side on bottom often. Also getting pale. Haven't had time to get more test strips and clean tank over weekend due to work. Tomorrow would be my 30 day mark to change filter. I will have test strips and clean tank tomorrow but I'm wondering what else I can do or check so I make my lil buddy healthy again. He is my favorite. Always had lots on energy til now. Why we call him spaz. Any help would be much appreciated

So I don't know all the exact specs for tank. I'm new to having fish. So I got a ten gallon tank with an internal pump about 4 months ago. I have 2 Cory catfish and 3 black skirt tetras in it. Got all fish same time from local shop. Not Petco or anything like that. I change 50 percent water every other week and full tank clean with filter every 30 days. Everytime water is touched I use a test strip to make sure ph is good and nitrate and such. So one of my Cory catfish got two small white spots on it about 3 days ago. Now today I noticed he is not eating much and laying on his side on bottom often. Also getting pale. Haven't had time to get more test strips and clean tank over weekend due to work. Tomorrow would be my 30 day mark to change filter. I will have test strips and clean tank tomorrow but I'm wondering what else I can do or check so I make my lil buddy healthy again. He is my favorite. Always had lots on energy til now. Why we call him spaz. Any help would be much appreciated
Corydoras should be in groups of six of their own species, they also need a tank size of atleast 20 gallons, if he is laying on his side or looking pale that is and indicator that their is not enough oxygen in the tank, or it could be nitrite poisoning I personally never trust the internal tank and always have a sponge filter as well as an extra oxygen pump, how are you getting oxygen to them?

Honestly all I have is the starter kit and it a pump that sits in tank and acts like a water fall. I want to upgrade tank size soon. All my fish are still pretty small. Plus my thing is it's only one fish in tank. Rest seem very happy. Also tomorrow I will be testing nitrate

Back
Top Bottom