Cory with tailfin problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

killrsheep

Aquarium Advice Regular
Guys I think my rasboras attacked one of my corys, I have been feeding ocean nutrition discus flakes and recently started also feeding bits of algae wafers for them, but the rasboras also like them so they come down to the bottom too, any ideas? The little guy has not moved much lately but with corys it's hard to say as they are not active all the time anyway, should I do some sort of meds on him or should I change feeding routine and wait for him to heal? 1486229596281.jpg

Ok, so far I have isolated him in a 5l tank, borrowed media and water from my regular tank and started dosing stress guard, today I did a 50% water change and a double dose of stress guard, I have to do something about the filter, the current is too strong for the little guy but he is still breathing
His appetite is a little lacking i gave him an algae flake and had to pretty much put it under his mouth to get him to spend the energy to eat ?
I don't know what else to do, without medicating with the wrong thing

I have some salts at hand but dunno if i should use them and how much 1486321127960.jpg

kil...

Keep this simple by just keeping the tank water very clean with weekly water changes of at least 50 percent. When it come to water changes, more is always better. If possible make a hiding place of a plastic cup or small pot and attach some species of Anubias to a couple of pieces of lava rock and place them around the pot. Use dark, cotton sewing thread to attach the plants.

Netting fish is risky. You could injure them. Most, if not all tank problems are solved through a good water change routine. Leave the chemicals out of the tank. They're rarely the answer.

B

Ok, I'll try to make a better hospital tank for him, I have a lava rock but I thought the surface could be too abrasive for him.
Today I pretty much brushed off some white slimey stuff off of him with my finger, I didn't even need to touch him just slush the water around him, he hasn't been swimming at all so it kind of builds up but as soon as I came closer to his tail he swam away, so he still has some energy on him, he's just feeling down I guess

Yeah, yesterday at night he was still breathing, I left a small filter and air bubbles on and today as I got back from work he was not breathing anymore and covered in a very thin white slime all over, I still feel sad that I couldn't determine what it was or how to treat it

I know, I'm sure that was very hard on you. Losing fish really takes a toll on me, too.
I don't know what he might have had, but my best guess is a fungus or parasite? I'm not sure, but I bet there's some way we could figure out what he had.

I've read that sometimes if it's parasites, the fish secrete extra slime to try to clean themselves, but I'm not entirely sure. Just a theory.

Back
Top Bottom