Corys

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

em_witt

Aquarium Advice Addict
Just got 3 more Cory's last nite they looked fine at the store(was there for 4 hrs while mom was black fri shopping) and they also looked fine when I got
Home but now they are floating( only 2) like a bubble
They swim down to the bottom and then just float back up! What is wrong???

image-3898512420.jpg

image-1669483314.jpg

Didn't you say you we're having issues in your tank? It wasn't wise to add new fish to a fish with problems. What are your parameters? Did you acclimate the fish or did you just throw them in there?

Ljk09 said:
Didn't you say you we're having issues in your tank? It wasn't wise to add new fish to a fish with problems. What are your parameters? Did you acclimate the fish or did you just throw them in there?

No issues at all Params are 0-0-20. I did acclimate them. 20min floating the bag. And my lfs has the same Params as me and the same ph

Fish4bass8 said:
No issues at all Params are 0-0-20. I did acclimate them. 20min floating the bag. And my lfs has the same Params as me and the same ph

Maybe they need a minute to get situated. Turn off the lights. Are they in a QT or did you add them to your main tank?

4 hours is too long to be in the bag 1 hour is like tops due to the limited 02 supply and the water and the goes bad( high ammonia and other nasties) real fast.

Didn't see a good out come from those pics. How are they now?

Fish4bass8 said:

Did you just float them or did you add some of your tank water to the bag? I know you said your water is the same as the LFS but rarely are they identical. I would've acclimated longer & slowly added some tank water. I hope they're better today, they may just need some time.

shellieca said:
Did you just float them or did you add some of your tank water to the bag? I know you said your water is the same as the LFS but rarely are they identical. I would've acclimated longer & slowly added some tank water. I hope they're better today, they may just need some time.

I did that w/ a turkey baster about 1/4of the water every 5min

Back
Top Bottom