Cyst-like problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Animal_fanatic

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have a red wag platy along with a few other fish in a 10 gallon tank, I haven't even had them two weeks yet and I've noticed a problem with the platy (her name is Nova). And I don't know if it's from another fish picking on her or if she's actually sick. It's a large white spot on her. It's not cloudy, nothing trailing from it, and there is only the one spot. I don't know if she ran into the decoration but I haven't noticed her that uncoordinated. So i'm either assuming it's something i've never heard of (because i'm sure it's not ich b/c it's not small by far and there is only the one spot), or another fish is picking on her (b/c I do have a baby rainbow shark as well), or if she's just running into stuff.

I need help x.x I really want to help Nova I just don't know how.

OH Thought I should add the water test strip lvls, in case Nova is sick, the GH was between 60-120, KH 120-180, and PH was around 8 (I know that's a bit high and i'm about to get 7.0 PH stuff tomorrow, Nitrite 0-0.5 and Nitrate 0-20.

Back
Top Bottom