dead fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diesel

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I have 3 Red Serpae Tetras, 2 Tiger Barbs, 3 Gold Barbs and 1 Rainbow Shark in a 20 gal. tank.

A month ago I saw one Red Serpae Tetra lose some of the fin but I didnt see any signs of aggression.

and pretty much everyday I took some time to look at the fish and that Red Serpae Tetra was growing back his fins and looking good.

2 days ago I was pretty busy so I didnt have time to look at the fish and this afternoon when I check out the tank, in my supprise I dont see that Red Serpae Tetra anymore.

The only thing I saw is white fish bones under the tank(at first I cant even tell is a fish), it got no meat already , just white bones...

The barbs and the tetras are still trying to eat the bones...

Can someone tell me whats going on?
Its this normal?

[center:809df818df] :smilecolros: Welcome to AA, Diesel! :n00b: [/center:809df818df]
Fish will eat what's available including former tank mates.
As to why it died, there can be many, many reasons. One could be aggression--just because you don't see it, doesn't mean it isn't there. Barbs are semi-aggressive and are known fin nippers. This fish may have been chased around and died of stress. Tetras are generally a peaceful community fish, with the narrow-bodied ones being the most docile and the wide-bodied ones with a fin nipping rep.
~or~
It simply could have been it's time.

Back
Top Bottom