Disease question...Fish warts

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Christmasfish

Aquarium Advice Addict
My lfs put wild blue rams in with the clowns 2 weeks ago and all the rams have something after a couple days in that tank. Fish warts he says. None of the clowns are yet affected after a week. I like the guy and all...but they look so hideous....like ich gone crazy or bread mold. Half are sportin fur coats. ( a secondary? Sure doesn't look warty!) His 2 day helper who was there the day I went with my kid to get them is a menace to the fishworld and he could get a free bum off the street to work better. Anyways..
My daughter wanted a pair of Rams but I am leery. Can it be ich after all and still not affect the clowns? Or is it indeed fish warts (which isn't that viral? Like real warts?can it even be eradicated?) is that better or worse?

PS:He has Apistos in a different tank and they are just peachy. Some are even very lovely and bright in color. Though they have smaller ventrals and eyes than the rams. She wants a pair of rams to replace her discus. She want to wait until we can fgure a Discus safety net...(because nest discus will be more expensive and why kill them off with a failure we know can happen?)

It looks more like the "body fungus " at that site in most of them. Maybe a secondary. A couple look lumpy. I think I will steer clear of them. I would rather they had ich! Then at least they are all normal after recovery. I may have even bought one if he had said ich. All 40 of the clowns are goners then. What a waste.
I wonder if they skipped a Qt step.. They moved all the tetras who were the display specie of that tank for these clowns and wild rams. I never saw so many of his fish all in one tank before either. He is slippin I guess.
He has had bad luck lately with whoever sends him wild loaches, i'd be doubling the sources fish QT times.

Good site, nasty pics. Hate that a lfs got a load of fish in like that, but sometimes that happens, just hope he is more cautious next time.

Back
Top Bottom