fin rot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefdiver

Aquarium Advice Addict
Hi everyone i was wondering if its ok to Q/T a tiger barb in a bucket with a airstone and melafix to treat fin rot.

Probably, but if it's developed fin rot, you likely need to address the root cause in the main tank as well. Usually clean water will correct it. Tell us about the tank and it's inhabitants if you don't mind.

its a 36 Gal, parameters are good , 2 weekly water changes 25 and 50 percent. I have 6 barbs, 5 black skirt tetras, 6 neon tetras, 2 platy, 2 Cory and 2 kuhli 's. Small water sprite 2 small pieces of driftwood. AC 50 and top fin 20. I'm on a budget so I haven't upgraded my filters

That sounds good. Are you sure of the fin rot diagnosis? Possible wound? IME, fin rot or wounds will respond on their own in clean consistent water while medicating in a throw together QT usually just stresses the fish making them more susceptible to everything. Has the problem been getting worse?

Yes. I would say it has being maybe four days and it almost lost all of its fin. But it is the only one with her problem.

Back
Top Bottom