Graphic: Angelfish Accident

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

aisforangelfish

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So my angelfish were doing so great and growing so big and just now I noticed that one of them had a poop that looked like a prolapse. As quick as I could notice it another fish came along and bit it open. My angelfish is now bleeding in the tank and I'm unsure of exactly what I ought to do. I don't know if this could maybe be from overfeeding or constipation. I was feeding them twice and sometimes three times a day because the number of fish, the readiness to eat, and the number of water changes I do. Usually I feed cheap tropical flakes like aqueon or O.S.I. or something and hikari bloodworms. Any advice including what you would do if this were your angel. The fish is acting entirely normal at the moment aside from having 1/4" of an intestine hanging out.

I would cut down feeding to twice a day and give them smaller portions. It might in fact be constipated...try feeding them boiled peas without skin and skip the regular food for one day.

The fish has an open wound so you will have to keep your water as clean as possible. More frequent water changes will help you do that.

Amazingly, these two fish managed to survive. I now make sure I give them plenty of time to empty their stomachs before I feed them again. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom