Guys Help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Temp wont kill it. It speeds up the life cycle becuase you can only remove ich when it falls of the fish, increase temp and water changes(using a gravel vacuum) helps remove ich. Meds just kills them well they are in the free swim stage or torment not sure what they call it

Sorry to jump in, iv have ich myself and I'm going to buy some meds after work, once I treat the tank how long do the meds last ? Do I need to re treat the tank every day after every water change ?

With alot of meds they say dont change water for 2-3 day, i would not see anything wrong with doing a water change everyday just dose the water to the % of water taken out. So if you do a 50% change you will half dose what it says on the meds. This is just my opinion.

If they are really on the edge of dying, meds will just put additional stress on them and risk to kill them.

So, you don't think hotter water will kill ich? I can't remember what the source is, it's from one of the responders links. The guy observed that ich could not survive at temps above 89.5.

So, you don't think hotter water will kill ich? I can't remember what the source is, it's from one of the responders links. The guy observed that ich could not survive at temps above 89.5.
Not sure if the will die instantly but a natural treatment with heat, water changes and substrate cleaning every day or two will put a much lower amount of stress then using medication and it doesn't take that much longer.

That's what I'm gonna do! I just hope my few sick fish can battle it out! The other guys don't look infected at all anymore.

That's what I'm gonna do! I just hope my few sick fish can battle it out! The other guys don't look infected at all anymore.
Make sure to keep the heat, water change and gravel vacuum treatment for at least one week after the spots dissapear.

You would put your fish through hel* before you kill the ich with temp alone if you increase it that high. higher temp water can not hold alot of o2 ontop of that, that temp is way out of your fish confert zone and would only increase stress

I add as said 89 is too high. To me, the highest would be 86, witch was fine for all my ich situations.

Back
Top Bottom