Have two problems:

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

claraslilfishy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Ok my one fish she is a guppie and 2 days after I got her home I found out she had eye cloud. I've been treating her with T.C. Tetracycline her eye seams to be getting better but today she keeps sinking to the bottom of the tank. I have her in a quarantine tank with the male guppy that I got at the same time. I was treating them both just in case the tank at the store was infected and the male was sick too. So my question is is she still sick or just tired from the small quarantine tank and the male that I have her with he doesn't seem to bother her to much for he is still very young and small. I have moved him to my big tank to see how she will do on her own with the hopes that my male is not sick I've had him for two weeks so I think he is safe..... My next problem is my other male guppy that I've had for some time and is full grown has had a chunk bit out of his tail and I can't begin to think which one of my other fish did it. so ill ask you all. Hear is what I have in my tank with him. One very small baby black mollie, one juvenile black mollie, two baby fry guppies "not shure of sex yet to small" one bubbled mollie who is the second biggest fish in my tank the one who got bit is the biggest and one bumblebee cat fish who I never see not even at night but he's in there. so everyone any thoughts or suggestions would be great thanks everyone.​

How are your water parameters? Do you notice anything on her scales like white spots, grayish patches, bent tail, bloated stomach, too skinny, etc? Is she defecating normally and eating?
As for the guppy with the missing chunk in its tail, I don't know who could have done it unless it was just a bullying molly. It should grow back and there isn't much you can do to help that. Hope I was of some help.

My water parameter are good. I have a 10 gallon tank that cycled in 3 -5 days I never had any spike in nitrite or nitrate. Hears a pic of last test that I did...I only have 4 adult fish in the tank and 3 baby fry

Attachments

• image-3417562398.jpg
    image-3417562398.jpg
    154.9 KB · Views: 39
If I could suggest something to you about testing kits.. While this method is easier, it's not very accurate. I would suggest that you switch to API Master Test kit where you have to play mad scientist. It takes a bit longer than the dipping method, but you will get more accurate results. You can get this off of Amazon.com or just go to petsmart or local pet shop and get it for $20 or so. Someone else on the forum recently switched after not being able to figure out what was going on with her tank, because her dip test results were inaccurate. :)

Thank you greenlily you are right about needing one of those test. I am in the process of getting one, but in the meantime I've been going to my pet store and getting them to test it for me and I had an ammonia spike that has been taken care of i had to use RO water because there is ammonia in my tap water.so all my fish are happy now and my bubbled mollie had her baby's so now I have 9 happy little baby's in a nursery tank too. Thanks for the advice :)

Back
Top Bottom