HELP Corydora

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nooboftanks

Aquarium Advice Regular
My corydora that I Have in a 10 gallon stocked with 3glofish and 1 albino corydora has recently been floating near the surface and looks to be dead but when I tap the glass near him he swims down to the bottom then floats back up my water is normal and temp is 76 please someone tell me what to do to get him back into full health!

Thats pretty hard to say, is he still eating? Pooping? What is his poop like, white stirngy?
Any symptoms on hiim or your other fish?

Thats pretty hard to say, is he still eating? Pooping? What is his poop like, white stirngy?
Any symptoms on hiim or your other fish?

He hasn't been eating so I haven't noticed any poop and the other fish seem to be fine other than little red spots on my albino corydora but those are normal as far as I know

Like Matt noted, it's hard to say what's wrong with your Cory cat without outward symptoms other than those listed. As you probably noticed, Cory cats occasionally quickly swim to the surface to gulp air. That is a normal behavior. I suspect, for what ever reason, your Cory cat is suffocating, and hanging close to the surface to breathe. Some fish exhibit the same behavior
When there is a spike in the N. Cycle. You might try a 40-50 % WC, and gravel vac. Hope he makes it.

Back
Top Bottom