help please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LostLoach

Aquarium Advice Activist
my friends 20 gallon has some problems. he recently purchased a dojo loach from petco and put it in his tank ..i have seen these before and know they almost always have disease so im pretty sure it was the source anyway it died a day later ..after passing the disease to multiple other fish so far zebra danios clown loach lampeye tetras are fin but he passed it to three mollies two of which have died and also a neon tetra symptoms include tattered fins with like a mucus look to them disoriented swimming turing white and scales appear to be popping out this sounds like multiple disease to me ..what do u guys think??? thank you.

How many fish does he have in that 20 gal? Clown loach should not be in a 20 gallon. I think he may have had problems before the dojo loach do to over crowding. It does sound like there are multiple issues in the tank, which most likely didn't come from the dojo loach.

Scales are sticking out? Sounds like dropsy. :(
I would get some food for internal parasites, and use Melafix and Pimafix.

well thank you guys for the advice but unfortunately my friend doesnt listen and panicked and bought tons of random meds i told him not to buy and most of his fish have died due to his choice... and i3k i know i told him that two ..good news is he is setting up a 55 gallon for the loach

Back
Top Bottom