Help with ick

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SeverumGuy

Aquarium Advice Freak
One of my juvi severums has two spots on him that look like ick. None of the other fish are showing signs. I put some treatment that I had from previous breakouts in other tanks I've had. If I treat the water now will it help prevent my other fish from getting it?

It should, because it should kill the ich. Make sure you use the correct dosage that is on the package, since ich can only be killed in it's free swimming stage. :)

I learned allot about ick from this wedsite link below. Hope this helps. Ive dealt with ick twice now in the last 3 months. This time I caught it right away and my fish are doing really good. Its 3 days now and im hardly seeing any spots. There are a few spots but there getting less and less each day. Im surprised none of the fish have died from it cause there are usually 2 or 3 that do die. I vacume the gravel each time i do a %25 water change before I add the next dose of medicine every 24 hrs. Good luck. I hate ick so bad. My brother inlaw has 3 30 gallon tanks and in 3 yrs has never had ick. I cant believe it!

Cause, Treatment, and Prevention of Ich in Freshwater Fish

After noticing the two spots on my severum, I took the carbon out of my filters and put the treatment in the water hoping it would keep it from spreading. The next morning when I woke up the spots were gone off of the severum. No other signs are showing and it's been two days. Either my quick acknowlegement and treatment worked or it wasn't ick. Thanks guys...

Back
Top Bottom