How to get rid of parasites? PLEASE HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

uelissa

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I'm pretty sure that my guppies have parasites. Last night, I noticed something red on one of my females but didn't think much of it. Before I went to bed, there was a large red spot, so I put her in a floating breeder and hoped for the best.

When I woke up, her whole side was red, and something was coming out of it (pictures below.)

A few days ago, one of my male guppies was really really fat, and died right in the morning. I was just thinking that he was bloated.
Now I'm looking at my guppy tank, and I notice at least 3 more guppies with red spots, too. For the females, by the Gravid area (not pregnant) but she looks really fat like pregnant, but she's not. So I'm thinking it might be internal parasites.

I came home from school today to find two more dead guppies, one of them has a red spot, and I don't know if the other one does or not.

This is an established tank, and I've had it for over a year. Almost half of my guppies have died so far, and I really don't want any more to. I am a guppy breeder, and this has NEVER happened before.

Please help me. Do I need treatment, change the water? Just tell me what I need to do. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394576060.772983.jpg ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394576613.423993.jpg (by the tail)
ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394576658.621892.jpgImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394576676.727870.jpg

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1394579805.474696.jpg

Awesome to use for internal issues and won't hurt any other fish or crawlers in your tank.

I used this to help with ich and fin problems.

Back
Top Bottom