i need help with a diseased tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SirJeebz

Aquarium Advice Newbie
i have a variety of cichlids in a large tank. they have recently gotten ick, i have tried salt, and raising the temp, but raising the tempurature proved to be impossible, due its winter and rather cold in the room with the tank, but i have recently added two large mud puppies to the mix, and i was wondering if store bought ick treatments or safe to use on them

Mud puppies should not be in there at all. If you are worried about their well being at all they should be removed to a tank setup for them immediately.

I use Quick Cure to treat ich when I do have it pop up.

In my experience scaleless fish are not any more sensitive to meds than other fish. Meds enter the body through the gills in any fish, thick scales or no scales it is getting in. That said certain fish are more sensitive to certain meds but it has nothing to do with their scalation. For example, stingrays are sensitive to some meds, completely intolerant of some, and have no issues with others.

And bettas and tetras both can only handle 1/2 doses of QuICK Cure. Besides, it stains everything blue and that's no fun. :( I wouldn't take any chances with my fish, I have worked too hard to get them healthy and keep them alive. ;)

Back
Top Bottom