Help with Oscar disease/parasite!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Coryuo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
So for the last 2 weeks I have been battling ich in my tank which I have been treating with copper and I have finally got to a point where there are almost no spots left on any of the fish except I’m noticing now white spots on my Oscar’s eye. initially there were white spots all over their bodies as well as their fins but those are now gone. It more or less looks like the spots that were on their body but I didnt notice these spots on their eyes until a few days ago. I did have a slight Dip in my copper level when doing a water change 3 or 4 days ago due to a miscalculation was that enough for the ick to re-manifest itself on their eyes? any help is GREATLY appreciated I’m so stressed out over dealing with this disease! Thanks you!

Attachments

• 4432D047-FE8C-459A-A785-42FA584208DF.jpg
    4432D047-FE8C-459A-A785-42FA584208DF.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 28
Ich treatment can only kill off the parasite during its freeswimming stage. Depending on tank temperature the freeswimming stage could be 3 or 4 weeks after the visible infection stage. If the medication wasnt still in the tank during the freeswimming stage the parasite will still be present to reinfect fish.

Back
Top Bottom