ick?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miyavp

Aquarium Advice FINatic
My ryukin has these weird spots on her tail. One has been there for a very long time. I had a small out break of ick a few weeks ago and treated it and it was gone. Now this spot was there long before and after the treatment but it was really faint. I thought maybe she had ran into something and broke the vein cartilage thingy that makes up their tails. But now it seems to be getting larger and theres another one and one I see very faintly. These spots look bigger than ick to me. Also there only on the end of her tail. Like the tip. The other two ryukins have no spots at all. What is this?

Hi Miyavp! I know you have had all sorts of water issues but we still need to know what your water parameters are right now and what kind of water change schedule you have been following. Next, if they had what you thought was ich, what exactly did you use to treat it and for how long (this is important)? A pic would really help here to try and ID what may be going on- without one, its anybodys guess what you may be dealing with. Thanks!

I'll test my water when I get home. I've been doing a 10gal water change once a week. I treated it with jungle clear ick stuff. It worked though and it looked like ick. I've delt with it a few times before. I'll try and get some photos. Oh and I treated it for one day cause it was gone. It was a very minor outbreak.

Seriously weird nitrate results...
Am:0ppms
NI:0ppms
NA:5ppms
I'm behind on my water change so I dont know how on earth those are my readings. Let me retest the nitrate to double check.

Now thats looking better. Around 40ppms like I expected. When I netted my ryukin to get photos the stuff came off. Some sort of fungus maybe? I'm uploading the photos I took but their not very helpful.

If you look on the second photo where my pointer finger is you might be able to see the big spot that I first mentioned. Its not very clear though.

ForumRunner_20121226_143003.jpg

ForumRunner_20121226_143017.jpg

Thanks! I can not see anything in the pics that looks strange. Not sure what may have fallen off (not ich though!). Fungus feeds off of tissue so its not typically easy to wipe off. Time for a decent water change to drop your nitrates. Keep us posted if it comes back or anything changes!

Thanks! I can not see anything in the pics that looks strange. Not sure what may have fallen off (not ich though!). Fungus feeds off of tissue so its not typically easy to wipe off. Time for a decent water change to drop your nitrates. Keep us posted if it comes back or anything changes!

My friends been out of town so I havent been able to get water. She'll be back friday.

Back
Top Bottom