Ick Tie Up.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Readingexcalibur

Aquarium Advice Addict
I have completed 3 solid weeks of heat 86.5f and salt .4tbls per gal, treatment, the ick has been eradicated. I am going to lower the temp back to 80f. My plants have been living in a bucket out in the back yard for light. Is it safe to assume the ich on my plants is dead? I do not know how hot or cold the water has gotten, but the plants (anarchist and horn wart) look great still. I am afraid the water could have been cool enough (78f air temp) for the ich to survive.

3 weeks with no host should be plenty long enough for any ick on the plants to be gone. I don't know this for an absolute fact however.

Laser said:
3 weeks with no host should be plenty long enough for any ick on the plants to be gone. I don't know this for an absolute fact however.

Hmmm, I would think so too, but want to be sure ya know. Well I took them out of the bucket, pruned the dead off, and ran them under hot water for a minute each. I don't think the hot water will kill them because it was brief, but idea is it would wash off any possible hitchhikers. I HATE ICK. Lol

Back
Top Bottom