Molly With Ich

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AfricanCichlidOwner

Aquarium Advice Activist
I was just feeding my mollies and realized that one of my black mollies has a white spot on his fin, it might be 2 I can't tell. Please tell me what you guys use to treat your fish that works the best. Thanks so much!

Well first remove the sick fish and If you have a Walmart near buy go purchase Quick Cure fast relief for ich and protozoan parasites. That's what I had to do when I had to deal with ich and it worked well.

If the ich is super bad then warm up the water by a few degrease then add a pinch of aquarium salt this works sometimes but not always as effective.

Don't waste money on treatments. Ich is easily treatable with heat. Bring your heat up to 82 to 84f. Ich is a parasite that doesn't like heat. It will detach from the fish. Then do a big water change. Keep the heat high for at least a week after you don't see it on the fish.

So after I see its fallen off I do a water change? Or wait the week? If you could explain a little more that's be awesome. And do I just crank it up to 84. My tank is about 78 or 79 now.

So after I see its fallen off I do a water change? Or wait the week? If you could explain a little more that's be awesome. And do I just crank it up to 84. My tank is about 78 or 79 now.

Go slowly. A few degrees every hour. When it falls off. constantly do waterchanges and keep the heat up for the week. When the temp is that high, the eggs cannot hatch, so therefore the ich dies off.

Back
Top Bottom