My fish are turning orange and flashing. Constantly.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mistablik

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Recently I've noticed my albino giant danio is turning orange. He is flashing up against plants constantly and picking on other fish. My other fish, 6 green tiger barbs and a columbian shark are also flashing. The tiger barb's fins are already orange which makes it hard to tell if the orange color is affecting them. The columbian shark however is also turning slightly orange.

What is causing this to happen? Is there anything I can do to treat it?

Thanks!

It's a 55 gallon with a 10 gallon sump.

I have:

1 Tire track eel. (Yes. I know he will outgrow the tank.)
1 Albino giant danio
6 Green tiger barbs
1 Rainbow shark
1 Columbian shark

My tank has been set up for about a year and the oldest fish previously in a different tank is the columbian shark by one month.

I don't have my water parameters tested recently but I can tell you my PH is higher. I'm currently out right now but when I get home I'll test the water.

Before I left I added 5g gallons of water due to my sump evaporating. I noticed the zebra danio flashing relentlessly and eventually the orange color came off. This happens Every time I add a bucket of water. And then eventually the orange starts to come back.

I change my water not as much as I should. It gets changed about once every three weeks.

Back
Top Bottom