my fish had itch please help new to the site and about to swap tanks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mundy

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
my oscar had itch when i got him his a good 2 years old/ or she ha.
i cured the itch but ive only owned him about 3 weeks his all good and helthy, but i havent done a good tank clean since i cured for itch, he had white fluff on parts of him wasnt a bad case tho.

but my main question is should i take some of the gravel out of my 3 ft and put it in my 8ft for cycling my tank, any repost very apreciated. i have not washed the gravel but have done regular water changes and i dont want to wash the gravel cuz i want the bacteria, but should i just not worry incase it comes back or?
thanks for any help at allll

What size tank is he in, what are your parameters, and by itch do you mean ich?

yeah i do mean ich,
3ft to an 8ft by 230 cm by 3ft high, it dont really matter tho should i put the gravel in or not would it still be infested i treated about 3 weeks aggo?
sorry im in the middle of swaping fish from on take to another

mundy said:
yeah i do mean ich,
3ft to an 8ft by 230 cm by 3ft high, it dont really matter tho should i put the gravel in or not would it still be infested i treated about 3 weeks aggo?
sorry im in the middle of swaping fish from on take to another

It does matter because a lot of people stick them in tiny tanks.

Im kind of confused, is it cycled yet or isnt it? If its been 3 weeks since you saw any ich it should be fine.

sweet, ill ad the rocks, nah its been set up for a couple weeks just thought i could throw that in the fish will like it. i added filters out of other tanks thinking thatd have some good bacteria in it

Back
Top Bottom