My prawn is spitting her food out..

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cleggat

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I have a shrimp/prawn with no ID, she's been with me for 2 months and she was young when I got her. She lives alone, her tank has sand as the substrate, driftwood to hide/climb about, java moss in a terracotta pot. Her tank is heated and also has a filter, a few days ago she lost her ferocious appetite. As she is clear I can see her 'stomach' which is normally full and curved. The red part is what I am refering to as her stomach so you can get an idea of what I am talking about, it's normally the shape in the picture (this is an example taken from other forums) but now it's sunken right down and I can hardly see it.

Shrimp_Stomach.gif

I have tried all her favorite foods, she eats a little bit and then spits it back out and continues to look for food, when she finds some she eats a bit and spits it back out, after a few tries she stops. She isn't lethargic and is looking healthy apart from her stomach, so I thought my water parameters would be the problem but they're in good nick. She is still going crazy over the food; as soon as it goes in the tank she throws herself towards it. Thanks in advance!

Back
Top Bottom