Please help my molly wont stop shimmying

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mayreee

Aquarium Advice Activist
The molly is in a 5 gallon hospital tank right now. Her home was with 2 neons and a swordtail in a 10 gallon. Both tanks the ammonia and nitrite is 0 and nitrate 5. I do 30% water changes once per week. All of the fish got along great. While in the 10 gallon I tried adding "Molly Bright" and it didn't work so I did a water change the next day and added "Shimmy Block". Waited a few days and that didn't work. I put her in the 5 gallon hospital tank. I added 1tsp of aquarium salt waited a few days and that didn't work. I got some advice to add epsom salt slowly until the GH reaches 12-15dh. I did that and it is not helping yet. She still eats but is always by the filter at the top or somewhere at the top just shaking and shaking. She moves every once in a while and swims erratically. I don't know what I can do to help her. I did order a new 6 gallon eclipse tank and all the supplies to make it brackish just incase I need to do that to help her. Anyone know what I can do to help her?

Not that I know of. I don't notice anything out of the ordinary and her poop is normal.

Back
Top Bottom