Poor cory :(

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

maestromad

Aquarium Advice Addict
After the death of its partner my peppered Cory has developed a strange condition.
He has gone from being a happy fat Cory to having a very bent spine. Today he had developed a fungus on his nose - I've been treating the tank with myxain as its partner had looked a bit peaky and my corys do not tolerate salt well.
I don't think this little guy will survive and I am considering placing him in the freezer - what I was wondering is if anyone had an idea what was wrong with him add if it could be contagious? My other corys and guppies seem fine.
I don't want to add a picture as he seems so sad

Ok so I've had to put the poor guy in the freezer as he was not looking good. The fuzz had also come off and there was a big hole there so I thought it was te best option. Totally gutted as they were my oldest fish and come through the blunders of my new set up and ich!

Sorry to hear that. I had a cory that lived to be several years old, he developed a tumor-looking thing in his mouth, I performed some simple surgery on it a couple of times so that he could still eat through his mouth but I ended up putting him in the freezer too since he was suffering.

Back
Top Bottom