Preggo guppy acting weird!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mdumanski01

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'll expand later but I'm running around right now.. Guppy got preggo and had one baby, that baby did well and is about 3 weeks old. I thought it was weird she only had one.. Two weeks after she had three more, they are all good. She still looks preggo has the dark spot is still big.. The male guppy will not leave her alone for the last three weeks.. Right now she is acting weird swimming sideways floating upside down, crashing into stuff, etc. is the male causing her so much stress you think? Should I take him out? It's a community tank.. Other than the way she's acting there are no noticeable signs of any physical ailments. Just her swimming looks bad, like she is about to die

Do you only have one female ? U need at least 2 or 3 females for every male or the male will bug her to death.

**** it's the only one .. I have room, I'll add two more females tomorrow if she's still alive!

Yes always give a male to female ratio of at least 1:2 or 1:3 and give plenty of plants and cover even if its fake plants floating for females to hide

Back
Top Bottom