Rope Fish needs help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LightShow

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My Rope Fish escaped today and landed on cold tile floor. Im not sure how long she was out of the tank but it didn't exceed more than 3-4hrs. She was all black when I found him and thought she was dead till I saw her mouth opened. I put her in the tank and she just floated for a few minutes then tried to swim off. For that past hour or so she was just floating on the top (has her color back and is still breathing). Every once in a while she will spaz out and swim all over then continue to float. Now she is floating in a vertical position (still breathing) but nothing else.

img_578005_0_7a5ffeb69952ca24161d149764213478.jpg

It looks like she is slowing sinking to the bottom to rest away. The last one that died did about the same thing, I though it was just sleeping. Turned out it was dead.

They can survive a period of time out of the water.Keep an eye on her and add rich said add some melafix. Good luck and keep us posted.

Welcome to AA btw!

she died later that night. Its the second one I have lost already. First one just died one night.

Back
Top Bottom