Shiny white spots on platy ?? Any ideas.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

janice_016

Aquarium Advice Regular
I just noticed my platy has some shiny white spots on her. What could this be? Doesn't look like ich? Should I treat for bacterial or fungus?
Tank is 36 gallons
Ph is 7.0
Ammonia is 0
Nitrites is 0
Nitrates is 20
Temp is 75

Have 4 platys
3 zebra danios
2 black skirts. ( yes I know they are schooling fish but every time I add more the two I have get aggressive, they are happy just the 2 of them and not aggressive)
1 sucker fish. Dont know what kind. Had him for 5 + yrs. he's about 4 inches max
10 guppies including a few fry
4 neon Tetra.
My tank is a bit over stocked for my liking. The guppies will be going to a friends soon.
Regular water changes, weekly about 25%. ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388010789.579791.jpg

I don't know but I'm following because my platy looks the same

Have you found out any information? My platy is still eating well but spends lots of time at the top of the tank

Have you found out any information? My platy is still eating well but spends lots of time at the top of the tank

I haven't, but they come and go. No death yet and she's had them for around 6 months.

The shiny spots on her is normal? Never had that before on a platy. I had a one shiny spot on a different platy but it was a shedding scale.

She's pretty healthy and active. Just occasionally at the top of the tank. I'll keep an eye on her. All other fish aren't showing any signs of abnormal behavior.

Thank you

Her white shiny whiteness is now spreading. It's covered at least half of her one side all the way up to her eye. Gills are moving a bit fast. One of my other platys is now at the top of the tank but her coloring is normal. All levels are normal, ph is a little high, 7.2. Doing a 25 % water change.

Here is a pic. Best one I can get so far. Looks worse in person

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388183455.977738.jpg
    ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1388183455.977738.jpg
    189.7 KB · Views: 91
Back
Top Bottom