Should I be concerned about my eel?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Meras Heslo

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi I have had this Tire Track eel for about a month now and today he seems to be acting very strange. He is in a 60 Gallon right now (Yes I know hes gonna get bigger and I have plans for that when the time comes) and hes about 9 in long. Normally he sits in an aquarium decoration all day and sometimes comes out at night. Today its like hes been having spasm across the tank. He will dart out from where he is and make his way to a new area. How he moves is different though because its not graceful like you would see normally. Its like hes being a klutz around the tank. All my water parameters are fine I checked them out as soon as I saw him act like that. All the other fish in the tank do show any signs of stress either. He eats fine too. Can anyone tell me what if there is anything wrong with him?

Could it be that you spook him when you walk in? I have algae eaters that are really jumpy to my foot steps.

I've never had a tire track, but I did have a peacock for a while (jumped out of the tank in the night) and what you are describing sounds just like what mine did whenever he was spooked, if its just turning lights on or walking in the room, maybe he will get used to it, maybe not, mine did. The one thing I will say is to be careful, since he is spazzing, and make sure that there are no openings on the tank as he might try to use one to jump out

Back
Top Bottom