Sick Albino Cory - should I take him out?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mog

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi,

I have a 75g marine planted tank. I added 2 albino cories to the existing 6. One died 3 days after being introduced and the 2nd doesn't look too well. I actually thought he died last night and went to take him out, but when I went to net him, he started moving again.

This morning, he's just laying on top of a rock, sort of sideways. He's breathing...

I acclimated them to the tank as I did all my others. These are Petco fish... I don't see anything wrong with him... but he's a small albino.

My concern is that whatever is affecting him, may affect the others. He's been in the tank for 4 days now, should I take him out of the tank? Or since he's been in the tank, is whatever damage that may be done, done?

The orginal 6 seem just fine, swimming all over the tank. (I'm assuming they are the orginal 6, but I can't guarantee it)

Thanks for your advice.

Okay, in the time it took me to write that post, he went from swimming sideways and breathing to floating... :(

So my question as to if he should be taken out has been answered. Now... should I be worried about something affecting my other fish?

I don't know any answers, but I hope someone else will see this and offer some suggestions.
What are your water parameters? What is the temp?

Back
Top Bottom