Sick betta, help please she has gotten worse since last post

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lain w

Aquarium Advice Newbie
My little girl has been losing her active personality over the last few weeks and I just don't know what to do. She was moved from her small tank to this one over a month ago and was doing really great. Now she is bloated and just hides in the corner, breathing heavy. The tank is a five gallon that I got at the beginning of summer. It has been running since the end of June. I moved her in after my male betta past away. The tank gets cleaned every three weeks and about a third of the water comes out. The temperature is sitting at 76. It is a sand base and planted quite heavily. Other tank mates are two corries. Ammonia is at zero, pH just over seven, Kh is between 40-80 (I think this is low the test strip is a lil inbetween), Gh is at 60, no nitrite or nitrate. She doesn't have any fungus or spotting. Her stomach is swollen, as if she swallowed a pea. Scales are in place. She is eating nutrafin betta food, but will sometimes go for the corie shrimp pellets. Is she dying of constipation, I haven't seen her eat in forever (a week). 1598713819039.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom