Sick swordtail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

sunlioness

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hi everyone, I really need your help on this one.

My female swordfish is ill and I think it's contagious as I had two male die recently and they showed similar symptoms. She doesn't show any external symptoms other than appearing a bit off colour and keeping her tail slightly lower than before. She moves much slower and hides a lot.

When the first male showed those signs I thought it was exhaustion from being hunted down by the bigger male so I put him in my other aquarium but he still died quite fast. Then followed the other male who also died quickly after showing those symptoms. After they died I checked their bodies for any symptoms but I couldn't notice anything. And now she's sick :(

The other two females and ottocinclus that I have in the same aquarium seem totally healthy, should I take them out and put them in my molly aquarium or do I risk my other fish getting ill as well? I just bought a breeding net so I can also isolate her in the same aquarium. I'm also going now to test again the water in the aquarium and post the results although when I did it a month ago, the results were fine.

Back
Top Bottom