Skinny Loaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Blucat

Aquarium Advice FINatic
*sigh* I finally have to admit to myself, 2 of my dwarf chained loaches are really skinny looking. 2 of 4 loaches have grown really big but 2 have just gotten skinnier and skinnier. I'm really worried. The big ones eat my sinking granules b ut the skinny ones won't. They won't eat peas or flake.

I tried dried bloodworms tonight. they seem to like freeze dried bloodworms but they can't seem to hold long enough on to them to actually eat them. But they do manage to have a bite of them but thats it. They are easily distracted from their food. Wha tcan I do to beef them up? What food would they like. Ill stick with the bloodowmrs for a w hile, maybe they just ned time to learn how to eat them.

try shrimp pellets, my loaches click away at them. IME 1 loach will always be smaller then the rest, and one bigger.. but not thin..

If the loaches are very thin, you may have to consider the possibility of internal parasites. Give the shrimp pellets a try or cut up the frozen bloodworms into smaller bites. A pain but if it makes it easier for them to eat what the heck.

The loaches may be the less dominent ones.
I have 2 african loaches myself and one is big and fat the other quite skinny and very meek.

Yet if they are not eating properly and loosing weight that is worrying.

Keep trying with pellets and bloodworm but also try adding some Liquifry drops, drop them in so they sink to the bottom, this is how I got my poorly coolie loahes to eat.

Back
Top Bottom