Small black spots

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dane

Aquarium Advice Regular
There are some small black spots on my venustus cichlid looks like black ich. He eats fine and doesn't seem unhealthy just want to know what they are the spots didn't show up till today.

Sent from my QMV7A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Can you get a pic? Any flashing?

Healing from ammonia burns, parasites (rare) or fungus (only heard of this in posts) are possible assuming not just something natural.

No flashing at all he seems fine just don't want this to be something that can get out of hand or hurt my fish.

I can't seem to post a picture. I can't find the privacy setting on the app

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I got it checked at petsmart and they said everything checked out

Did they say what the readings were? Healing from ammonia burns can take up to 3 days to show. That said he looks ok, is he otherwise normal now?

They said the ammonia was perfect and that the ph was where it should be. And he is looking better the spots seem to be going a way gradually. So is that what it was ammonia burns?

Would be first guess or could be any sort of chemical burn really. Does suggest it as marks appeared quickly and then are going away. But if you have done nothing to your tank for 2 weeks that would nobble that theory :) Also the chance of ammonia burns is more possible at higher ph (more harmful ammonia replaces ammonium as ph and temp increase) so it depends on ph as well.

Well thank you for helping I didn't know about chemical burns. I'm just glad he is looking better the spots seem to get better and better every day and no other fish has contracted them. I'll keep watch for a while though just to make sure everything's ok

Back
Top Bottom