stringy poop

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Evaunitone

Aquarium Advice Activist
I got three platys about a two weeks ago maybe. I've been feeding them jungle brand antibacterial food mixed with the same brand antiparasitic food and they still have long stringy white poop. Any advice? These fish poop SO much. It rivals the goldfish I've had. I don't think I'm overfeeding them either.

I'm not sure, maybe the meds haven't gotten rid of all the parasites yet? What color is the food? They could possibly be re-absorbing their eggs too?

I got a batch of parasites after buying a fish from a chain store a while back... Jungle Parasite Clear took care of it though. :)

give it a little more time, it takes about 14 to 21 days for most host parasites to cycle, as long as their going poop that means their eating, keep feeding the medicated food for another week .

how long has your tank been setup?
what other fish do you have?
what size tank ,and filfer?

good luck!

Fishman

They still have long stringy poop. One of them has been having white poop for a long time and she also had babies. They ate all but one. They definitely poop a TON.

Back
Top Bottom